Please read this statement carefully
Due to Privacy Legislation, we require your consent to collect personal information. This practice collects your information in order to identify your medical record and provide an accurate, quality health service. This means that we will use the information you provide in the following ways:
- Administrative purposes in running a specialist medical practice: including pre-operative and post-operative calls using phone numbers and names you provide us, as well as hospital interaction for booking surgical services.
- Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements.
- Disclosure to others involved in your medical care, including treating doctors, specialists, hospital booking staff outside this practice. This may occur through referral to other doctors, surgery at hospitals, for medical tests and in the reports or results returned to us following the referrals.
- I have read the information above and understand the reasons why my information must be collected.
- I understand that I am not obliged to provide any information requested but failure to do so might compromise the quality of health and treatment provided to me.
- I am aware of my right to access the information collected about me, except in circumstances where access might legitimately be withheld.
- I understand I will be given an explanation in these circumstances.
- I understand that if my information is to be used for any other purpose other than that set out above, my further consent will be obtained.
- I consent to the handling of my information by this practice for the purpose set out above, subject to any limitations on access or disclosure that I notify this practice of.
- I understand that my personal information may go offshore, if I select email as a preferred mode of contact.
Due to the privacy laws, results cannot be given to a third party unless written authorization is obtained or under special circumstances.